Hi, everyone. I know I have been on barely at all lately. I’ve been busy and exhausted, but I also have to admit that I feel uncomfortable using this blog due to various things that happened outside the Internet. I may create a new personal blog sometime or start using this one, but I feel like it’s time to say that I’m seriously considering making a new blog where I feel less like something I say will effect my home situation or relationships. Now that I’m going to college soon, it seems a good time to start a new blog and give myself some distance from lingering outside-the-Internet issues regarding this one. I’ve really met some amazing people through this blog over the years which is why it will be bittersweet if I decide to stop using it. If I do make a new blog, I will at least tell the people I’ve come to know here. I may feel differently about using this blog once I have separation from my family, but I still don’t know.
More information (fandoms, ships, photography, edits/graphics) can be found by navigating the buttons below my sidebar image.
WITH RESPECT TO THE BROWN FAMILY WE SHOULD REMOVE PICTURES OF MICHAEL BROWN SLAIN IN THE STREET.
as far as I know I haven’t shared any of the pictures of Michael’s body, but I’m reblogging this for my followers who have.
Women against feminism are basically just arguing that their individual lives are fine and they don’t care about what other women go through
Having gaming available at libraries has other advantages as well. It gives lower-income youth the chance to play games they may not be able to afford; offers teenagers a safe place; and helps teens understand that the library is a place where they can belong.❞
I have two friends who taught themselves to read by playing video games.
What matters is that kids read and that they think reading is fun. It doesn’t matter as much what they’re reading. If they read regularly and enjoy reading, they’ll eventually read “worthwhile literature,” too, and they’ll have good enough reading skills to do it.
- Aries: Werewolf
- Taurus: Hell hound
- Gemini: Doppelgänger
- Cancer: Banshee
- Leo: Fairy
- Virgo: Angel
- Libra: Nymph
- Scorpio: Siren
- Sagittarius: Ghost
- Capricorn: Mermaid
- Aquarius: Vampire
- Pisces: Shapeshifter
oh hey, here’s a free pdf of lundy bancroft’s “why does he do that?: inside the minds of angry and controlling men.” i wanted to read it after seeing all the quote posts, and now you can too.
Followers: This book is one of the most comprehensive books I’ve ever read about abuse, abuse dynamics, and how abuse works. If you’ve ever been confused, think you’ve been abused, or just want to know more, I suggest reading this.
INCREDIBLE!! THANK YOU!!!! This is an AMAZING resource!!! This book saved my life!
This link doesn’t seem to work anymore, sadly. I was able to read some of it before, and it was helpful, but I can’t find it free online anywhere anymore.
Here is a short list of a few of the hundreds of examples of the media intentionally manipulating the public to support Israel’s recent offensive against Palestinians
July 24, 2014
- CNN journalist re-assigned from the region after tweeting that Israelis celebrating the death of civilians were scum.
- NBC journalist re-assigned after reporting too honestly on the situation on-the-ground.
- FOX News putting images of Gaza reduced to rubble with captions indicating (falsely) that it is damage done to Israel inflicted by Palestinian rockets. (image attached)
- The New York Times changing the headline about four children playing on the beach being killed by Israel to something that is intentionally vague/ambiguous.
- Diane Sawyer misidentifying photos of Palestinians in the conflict, claiming they are Israelis.
- MSNBC contributor Rula Jebreal calling out the network bias toward Israel and then having her TV appearances canceled as repercussion.
- Unfair coverage from the BBC which was protested widely in England.Please reblog or message with additions as you see/think of them and I will edit with the additions. I am sure we can create quite a large list of examples.
This is important. Hold media accountable. Publicly call out news outlets that are fucking up. Spread the truth beyond your circle of tumblr fans. Raise awareness and mobilize.
[Thank you everyone for the support and reblogs, let’s keep going til we hit the donation goal!!! \(OvO)//
Reblogging this post is a great help to me. Thank you!!!]
I NEED to move out.
I’m becoming more & more depressed. I NEED to move out, because of where I live right now, is toxic and is making me depressed. But, to move out, I need money. Sadly, I don’t have any money or a job at all, and I can’t get one, because I’m so depressed & stressed out all the time. I’m also becoming agoraphobic, because of my depression. This is my last hope. I don’t have anywhere else to go.
My fundraiser is here. Also, you can donate by the Paypal donate button on my blog under the ‘about me’. I would like to move out in a month or two. The sooner, the better.
- CAN BE ANY MONEY AMOUNT. $1 AND UP…
Thank you to everyone reblogging this. Also: thanks to iguanamouth, headfirstintowonderland, meowstically & brightgreencrayon, the-death-of-lemonsnout, moon-princen, glubbingjellyfish, peculiarbanana for donating to me. Also, thank you to the people who donated $100 to my fundraiser. Thank you!
- Also: angelswirewardrobe has decided to help me by wire jewelry commissions, so check out her wire jewelry here. They are pretty and well-crafted!!! ——» Her original post about it.
- Also: dedicatedtonothing has decided to help me by skirt commissions, so check out his skirts here. They are pretty and well-crafted, totally. ——» His original post about it.
- Also: marble-shtako has decided to help me by art commissions, so check out her paintings here. They are pretty and well-crafted, totally. ——» Her original post about it.
I’ll post pictures (when and if) I get my new apartment.
Total donation amount: $464.05 USD out of $2,500 USD.
- Elementary staff twitter: Want a glimpse of Joan’s new love interest…?
- Me: The bar is so low in that department that I'd be satisfied with a scarecrow wearing a t-shirt that says "NOT MYCROFT"
*blacklists a user*
*shows up on my recommendations*
*shows up on my recommended dash*
*shows up at my birthday party*
JK Rowling said she would have made Seamus/Dean canon but she felt it would be distracting from the main trio
Literally how much space do you need to have a line about Dean asking Seamus to the Yule ball
Look, I’ll try
"Parvati had tried to ask Dean to the ball, but he told her he was going with Seamus instead."
just because a movie got negative reviews doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to like it and just because a movie got awards and is “critically acclaimed” doesn’t mean it has to be the greatest movie to you